If we spend time with others' stories and lived experiences, we can better understand the who, what, and why of them.
Dr. Kristen Donnelly is a TEDx speaker, international empathy educator, and researcher with two decades of experience in helping people understand the beauty in difference, and the power in inclusivity. She is one of The Good Doctors of Abbey Research, Chief Operations Officer of their parent company, and an unapologetic nerd for stories of change. Kristen lives outside of Philadelphia with her husband, where they are surrounded by piles of books and several video game consoles.
In this episode you will learn:
- How she started a research institute on the back of a napkin
- Emotional intelligence - why does it matter?
- How tolerance flattens diversity
- What being a 2nd generation family business owner has taught her about empathy
- Mandatory books to read for empathy building
- Why people, as a rule, are so exhausted
- Curiosity is the greatest super power humans can cultivate
Watch Kristen’s TEDx Talk on inclusivity, trauma, the lie of 'back to normal', and how no one is replaceable.
More about Kristen
More about the Host - Dr. Karin Jakubowski is an elementary public school principal and certified life coach. She is passionate about helping moms first take care of themselves to be their best for their kids. She helps moms with a problem solving process when their child is experiencing challenging behaviors. She practices mindfulness personally and at school teaching students breathing and awareness techniques to help them manage their own stress to be happy and healthy!
Follow Karin on social -
Instagram - JakubowskiKarin
Twitter - @KarinJakubowski
Click here to get her free video course “First Steps to Happy Kids” www.educationalimpactacademy.com